BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Red Beans & Rice
A tangy, saucy, completely vegetarian blend of parboiled long-grain rice, red beans, red and green bell peppers, onions, parsley, garlic and spices.
Product info & sizes
Red Beans & Rice, 6/24.9 OZ
- Product ID: 10054800424532
- UPC: 5480042453
Serving size: 57g
Servings per package: about 13
Net unit weight: 24.9oz/705g
- Combine 2 1⁄4 quarts (9 cups) HOT water (190°F) and contents of seasoning packet in a full-size steam table pan. Stir well to disperse seasoning in water. Add rice & beans and 2 ounces butter (optional) and mix well.
- Cover and bake at 350 °F for 35 minutes or until MOST of the water is absorbed. Rice will be saucy.
- Stir well. Keep warm (160 °F). Fluff with fork before serving.
FOR BEST RESULTS
For FIRMER RICE, use LESS water and REDUCE cooking time.
For SOFTER RICE, use MORE water and INCREASE cooking time.
To REFRIGERATE COOKED RICE: Cover tightly to keep grains from drying out and absorbing odors from other foods.
To REHEAT COOKED RICE: Add a small amount of water and cover. Heat in an oven, steamer or on a stove top. Fluff rice and serve.
- Combine 2 1⁄4 quarts (9 cups) water and contents of seasoning packet in a stock pot. Stir well to disperse seasoning in water. Add rice & beans and 2 ounces butter (optional) and mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, REDUCE HEAT and simmer 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered 15 minutes. Rice will be saucy.
- Stir well. Transfer to serving pan and keep warm (160 °F). Fluff with fork before serving.
ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE [LONG GRAIN RICE, IRON (FERRIC ORTHOPHOSPHATE),THIAMIN (THIAMINE MONONITRATE), FOLATE (FOLIC ACID)]; PRECOOKED RED BEANS* (RED BEANS,SUGAR); SEASONING BLEND [HYDROLYZED SOY/CORN/WHEAT GLUTEN PROTEIN, SUGAR, ONION POWDER, RED AND GREEN BELL PEPPER*, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, YEAST EXTRACT, CORN STARCH,GARLIC POWDER, PARSLEY*, PAPRIKA (COLOR), SPICES, TORULA YEAST, SALT, XANTHAN GUM, AMMONIUM CHLORIDE, NATURAL FLAVOR, TARTARIC ACID, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR]. *DRIED.
Contains: Soy, Wheat