BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Harvest Vegetable Pilaf
A crowd-pleasing combination of parboiled long-grain rice, parsley, corn, carrots, and whole wheat berries.
Product info & sizes
RICE, HARVEST VEGETABLE PILAF, 6/33 OZ
- Product ID: 10054800424242
- UPC: 5480042424
Top of Stove
- Combine 2 3/4 quarts water and 2 ounces butter (optional) in a stock pot. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice mix and contents of seasoning packet. Cover, REDUCE HEAT and simmer 20 minutes or until MOST of the water is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Transfer to serving pan and keep warm (160 F). Fluff with fork before serving.
- Combine 2 3/4 quarts BOILING water, rice mix, contents of seasoning packet and 2 ounces butter (optional) in a full-size steam table pan. Stir well.
- Cover and bake in a 350 F conventional oven 35-40 minutes or until MOST of the water is absorbed.
- Keep warm (160 F) and fluff with fork before serving.
To Use Leftover Rice
Cover and store in refrigerator. Reheat in covered pan containing enough hot water to steam and refluff the rice. Reheats in a microwave oven too!
YIELDS 4 QUARTS
Number of Servings 1/2 Cup
(#8 Scoop) 32
(#12 Scoop) 48
Rice and Seasonings 1 BOX
Water 2 3/4 QT.
Butter (optional) 2 oz.
LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE, ENRICHED WITH IRON (FERRIC ORTHOPHOSPHATE), THIAMIN (THIAMINE MONONITRATE) AND FOLATE (FOLIC ACID); WHEAT BERRIES; ORZO (DURUM WHEAT SEMOLINA, DRIED TOMATO, WHEAT BRAN ENRICHED WITH NIACIN, FERROUS SULFATE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN AND FOLIC ACID); DRIED VEGETABLES (CARROT, WHOLE KERNEL CORN, PARSLEY, ONION, GARLIC); SALT; MALTODEXTRIN; AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT; TURMERIC (COLOR).