BEN’S ORIGINAL™ INTERNATIONAL GRAINS® Arborio Rice
This short-grain rice, grown exclusively in the Lombardia or Piemonte regions of Italy, cooks to a smooth, creamy texture and is ideal for risotto recipes.
- Product Country of Origin: USA
- 100% Authentic Italian Arborio
- Suitable for Vegetarians
Product info & sizes
RICE, ARBORIO, INTERNATIONAL GRAINS, 2/5 LB
- Product ID: 10054800424280
- UPC: 5480042428
- In large stock pot melt 2 ounces butter. Add 1 cup chopped onion (optional) and saute until tender.
- Add 1 quart Arborio rice and stir until grains are completely coated.
- Stir 2 3/4 quarts HOT chicken stock (or HOT water). Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently. Rice is cooked when tender. Rice can be served hot immediately or cooled down and reheated to order as described in Recommended Serving Procedure below.
Recommended Serving Procedure: Transfer arborio to sheet pan and spread to about one inch thick. Cover with plastic wrap and chill completely. To reheat, place required amount of chilled Arborio rice in a sauce pan. Add enough liquid (cream, stock or water) to thin consistency and heat through.
- In deep half-size steamtable pan, combine 2 ounces melted butter and 1 quart Arborio rice. Stir until rice is coated.
- Stir in 2 3/4 quarts HOT chicken broth (or HOT water). Cover and bake in 350 F oven for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Rice can be served hot immediately or cooled down and reheated to order as described in Recommended Serving Procedure.
FOR BEST RESULTS
- For FIRMER RICE, use less water and reduce cooking time.
- For SOFTER RICE, use more water and increase cooking time.
- Stir frequently.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:
- PRODUCT OF ITALY